Federico Minoli, the former president and CEO of Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A., upon leaving the company after leading it for a decade, has generously decided to offer his entire private collection of souvenirs, relics and gifts accumulated in his time at Ducati in a charity auction.
The proceeds from every piece auctioned will go directly to Riders for Health to buy vehicles, spare parts and necessary maintenance equipment for the bikes used in health operations in Zimbabwe.
Since 1989, Riders for Health has managed a system of periodical maintenance for motorcycles and other vehicles in rural Africa. Continual maintenance in Africa is not easy, but this is the difference when trying to save a person’s life. Riders for Health has developed a network of local technicians that reaches the vehicles in the zone in which they work, and together with riders/drivers, they apply the maintenance program studied at the International Academy of Vehicle Management in Harare.
More than one hundred rare or completely unique pieces will be auctioned on eBay.it, starting from Monday, May 28th, 2007. Some of the most interesting, to only mention a few, are:
- Ducati Minimoto with a stroke engine, donated by the father of Daijiro Kato, perfectly functional and legal for racing on the track
- Rear fairing and seat of the Casey Stoner’s Desmosedici GP7 used in Qatar for the first win of the GP World Championship 2007, autographed with a dedication
- Damaged fairing which Loris Capirossi used during the Fakisa (South Africa) race in 2003. Before the race, Capirossi bumped into Troy Bayliss, who was stopped during the warm up.
- Helmet of world champion Troy Bayliss, used in the 2002 season
- Helmet of world champion Carl “King” Fogarty, used during the 1998 season, with which he won his third world championship
- Original color draft of the Ducati Hypermotard from Ducati’s Design Department
- Legendary “Superman” leather suit worn by Troy Bayliss during the Brands Hatch race in 2006 to celebrate the release of the new film dedicated to the Man of Steel and Ducati’s 250th Superbike win
- Prototype of the Ducati snowboard produced with Burton
This is an opportunity that every passionate Ducatisti cannot miss: a chance to acquire a symbol of Ducati’s history while at the same time helping people in need.
All of the various pieces on auction will begin at one euro and will stay on auction for seven days.